Dr. Osman Hospital-Maadi offers both inpatient and outpatient services that cover a wide range of medical and surgical specialties.
All the departments are staffed with highly experienced medical and support personnel providing accurate, reliable and fast test results needed to deliver quality care in a timely fashion.
Psychiatry & Psychology
A. Apart from 24 hours in-patient and out-patient Psychiatric Emergency Services both for children and adults we provide the following services in the Department of Psychiatry on a regular basis:
1. Diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of
b. Manic depressive disorder.
d. Schizophrenic spectrum disorders.
e. non-specific disorders
2. Diagnosis, evaluation and tretment of
a. Anxiety disorders
b. Obsessive compulsive disorders
c. Phobic disorders
d. Panic disorders
e. Chronic pain disorders
f. Somatoform disorders.
3. Evaluation, treatment, counseling of drug dependent patients (Heroin, Cocaine, Hashish, Opium, Benzodiazepines and Alcoholism).
4. Evaluation, counseling and treatment of psychogenic importance.
5. Diagnosis and management of chronic headaches (migraine, stress and tension related headaches, mask depression)
Evaluation and treatment and family counseling related to the below mentioned disorders:
Bed wetting, thumb sucking, nail biting
Hyperactive child (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
Childhood over anxious disorders, Phobic disorders, School phobias, Obsessive compulsive disorders
Childhood epileptic disorders
Movement disorders (Tics – both transient and chronic)
Treatment: evaluation, management of nightmare, night terror disorders and other sleep disorders.
B. Specific investigations and other treatment facilities available
3. CT & MRI
4. Drug screening in urine for patients of substance abuse and dependence (Heroin, Hashish, Cocaine, Benzodiazepine, Codeine)